Shape your audio to suit your ears!
Fine tune your audio and maximise your enjoyment
Precise audio adjustment to suit your own hearing
The bhi ParaPro EQ20 audio unit with parametric equalisation allows you to customise the sound of your audio and control which frequencies you want to boost or cut to suit your own hearing!
Mono or Stereo inputs
You can connect one or two mono inputs to the CH1 and CH2 input sockets, or a stereo signal from an SDR radio, shortwave receiver, MP3 player etc, via the stereo input socket.
Choice of outputs and connections
Connect passive speakers to the left and right “Speaker Outputs” using the 4mm banana plugs or phono to 3.5mm mono adapters supplied. Use the “Source Select” button on the front panel to select the desired audio. Note: Powered speakers can be used with one of our LLC-1 Line Level Converter boxes which have audio isolation transformers inside to protect the class D amplifier stage on the EQ20 unit.
Easy to use controls
The EQ20 is housed in a quality compact ABS case. There are controls for Power/Volume along with two parametric equaliser adjustment controls labelled Bass and Treble, with the Bass centre frequency being adjustable from 100Hz to1kHz and Treble covering 1kHz to 10kHz. Used together these controls provide two bands of ±10dB adjustment from 100Hz through to10kHz.
Benefits of Parametric Equalisation
Unlike standard tone controls, graphic equalisation and preset EQ settings a parametric equaliser allows you to select the precise frequency you want to adjust. This enables you to boost or cut the selected frequency giving you much greater flexibility and accuracy in setting the audio to suit your own hearing. This is especially beneficial to people with hearing loss.
Use with your existing bhi DSP noise cancelling unit
The ParaPro EQ20 unit is ideal for use with the bhi Dual In-Line, Compact In-Line and NEIM1031MKII DSP noise cancelling units enabling you to fine-tune the processed audio for greater clarity and intelligibility. It can also be used with the bhi DESKTOP & DSPKR DSP noise cancelling speakers via the headphone socket on the front.
- Parametric equaliser lets you to adjust your audio to suit your own hearing
- 10W audio per channel
- Class-D type audio amplifier for power efficiency and eliminate the need for bulky heatsinking
- Ultra low latency of 38mS
- One or two separate 3.5mm mono inputs or a single stereo audio input
- 4mm banana plug or RCA phono plug audio output connections
- Use with 4 or 8 ohm passive speakers
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output (Class AB)
- No complicated menus. Simple control of all functions
- Signal input overload feature
- 12V DC operation (2A)
- User manual and full accessory kit supplied
- Dims: 145mm (W) x 75mm (H) X 100mm (D)
- Greatly benefits those with hearing loss