Shape the audio to suit your ears!
Professional Grade Audio Equalisation for Amateur Radio
The new bhi ParaPro EQ20B features a 20W modular audio power amplifier with a parametric equaliser and bhi’s latest dual Channel DSP Noise Cancelling technology. The parametric equaliser allows any specific part of the frequency range to be selected and adjusted in strength enabling the user to shape the audio to suit their ears. Bluetooth connectivity enables input from a Bluetooth source which effectively turns the EQ20B into a Bluetooth speaker.
The EQ20B unit is housed in a quality compact ABS case measuring. It is easy to integrate with a number of different connection options available. Features include separate mono and stereo inputs for line level, headphone level and speaker level signals. The LED will flash if the input is overloaded. The outputs comprise a set of banana sockets for the left and right speakers plus a pair of RCA phono jacks for the speaker outputs. Important Note: The Class D bridge output has a direct DC connection to the amplifier circuitry (i.e. no isolating capacitors) so you must not parallel the speaker outputs or ground any of the connections. Stereo headphones can be connected from the front of the unit.
The EQ20B-DSP has two parametric channels labelled Bass and Treble with the Bass centre frequency being adjustable from 100Hz to 1kHz, whilst the Treble covers 1kHz to 10kHz. Used together, these controls provide two bands of ±10dB adjustment from 100Hz through to 10kHz. The bhi DSP Noise Filter in the is continuously variable from off (DSP bypassed) up to 40dB of noise cancellation.
Parametric Equalisation: A parametric equaliser allows any specific part of the frequency range to be selected and adjusted in strength. The user is able to adjust these parameters to determine exactly how the equalization is applied. The most important feature of a parametric equaliser is that it allows you to select which frequency to adjust. For example, instead of having a simple mid-range adjustment as in a standard graphic equaliser which boosts or reduces a pre-set range of frequencies, you can specify exactly which frequency to boost or reduce. This gives you greater flexibility and accuracy to set the audio to suit your own hearing. The Bluetooth module adds Bluetooth connectivity, enabling input from a Bluetooth source which effectively turns the ParaPro EQ20 into a Bluetooth speaker.
This unit is ideal for use with the bhi Dual In-Line, Compact In-Line and NEIM1031 MKII units.
- Parametric equaliser lets you shape the audio to suit your hearing
- 10W audio per channel
- Class-D type audio amplifier for power efficiency and eliminate the need for bulky heatsinking
- Use with mono, stereo or two separate audio channel inputs
- 4mm banana plug or RCA phono plug audio output connections
- Use with your own passive speakers
- Optional Bluetooth technology - Turns your wired speakers into Bluetooth speakers!
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output (Class AB)
- Easy to use control of all functions
- Signal input overload feature
- 12V DC operation (2A)
- User manual and accessory kit supplied
- Dims: 145mm (W) x 75mm (H) X 100mm (D)
- Benefits those with some form of hearing loss or impairment
- 12V DC 2A 24W International Power Supply available - see below