How does it work?
Using unique Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, the bhi range of DSP noise elimination products remove unwanted background noise and interference from noisy speech signals to leave the processed signal much clearer and intelligible, reducing stress and enabling the user to concentrate more on what is actually being said.
The DSP processes the signal and differentiates the noise from the speech. This unwanted noise and interference is then attenuated to leave only the speech. The DSP technology is fully adaptive and no adjustments are necessary.
The signal is constantly monitored, and the DSP automatically adapts to any changes in the signal conditions.
What can it remove?
Noise can come from two areas
- Transmitting end (picked up by a microphone from within a noisy environment)
- Transmission process (interference) and Transmitting noise source.
This type of noise is picked up by the transmitting microphone and passed along with the speech signal to the destination, for example:
- Road noise
- Engine noise
- Wind noise
- Crowded environments
- Machinery and equipment
- Transmission noise (Interference)
- This type of noise is added to the transmitted signal on route to the destination, for example:
- Poor reception conditions
- Other transmitted signals
The bhi range of noise elimination products can remove both of these types of noise without significantly altering the speech signal.
- Amateur radio
- HF, VHF, UHF communications
- Marine communications
- Surveillance, security and video
- Emergency services
- Military and covert communications
- Audio restoration
- Transport communications
- Hands free kits